In 1886, Miss Rolland-Gosselin, the owner of the Pavillon Vendôme and several plots of land in Clichy, decided to build a chapel on land belonging to her in the new Victor Hugo district, which at that time was isolated and at a distance from Saint Médard’s Church. It was called the “Chapelle du Secours”. In 1907 it became the parish of Notre-Dame Auxiliatrice, with Abbot Daniel Fontaine as parish priest. In 1911 and 1913, two successive extensions were made to the buildings. The different work undertaken in the 20th century weakened the building, which was closed to the public in 1995 for safety reasons. The church was demolished in 1997 and rebuilt on the same site. The new church was inaugurated on April 1st, 2000 by a high mass celebrated by Monseigneur Gérard Darcourt. At the same time, the adjoining square covering 1000 m2 was developed. In 2010, the square was named Place Jean-Emile Anizan in during a religious ceremony, which also commemorated the building of the church ten years earlier. Emile Anizan was parish priest at Notre-Dame Auxiliatrice from 1916 to 1924. In 1918 he founded the congregation of the “sons of charity”.