Want some discount ?
The municipal venue was inaugurated by a dance show performed by the schools of Clichy in 1925.
Built on a plot of land between Allées Gambetta and Rue Barbusse, the building has two frontages. The entrance on Allées Gambetta leads into an elegant building made from dressed stone, featuring a neoclassical facade decorated with three large arcades with festoons, bouquets and horns of plenty. On Rue du Bois, now Rue Henri Barbusse, the facade is more sober in nature and made from bricks, with large windows giving the buildings a more efficient, practical appearance. This side originally housed the police station and municipal library. The actors’ dressing rooms are on the ground floor, with the function room looking out onto Allées Gambetta.
In 1967, in order to keep in step with technical advances of the day, the room was modernised, renovated and soundproofed. The auditorium was inaugurated for the first performance of the ballet Coppélia by Léo Delibes, and was named Théâtre Rutebeuf in 1968, paying tribute to the medieval poet who used to walk in Rouvray Forest, the last remains of which are the Bois de Boulogne, in the territory of Clippiacum (Clichy). Rivet’s bronze statue of the troubadour, originally from the Town Hall, was awarded a prize at the first Spring Salon in Clichy-la-Garenne.